Monday, August 15, 2011

Kiss Me if you Can, by Carly Phillips

I am not normally a fan of Romance novels, but I have always loved a good mystery story. To my surprise, this novel has both, and mixes the two quite well. I do have to say, though, that at first I was shocked by the highly descriptive love scenes, but I also have to say that they were done very well, and woke something in me that I had hit the snooze button on way too many times. In fact, I was so disappointed it was all over when I finished the book. Luckily, I have located the sequel (so to speak)and am currently reading it now.

The story begins with the main male character (Coop) foiling a jewelry store robbery, which makes him a relectant hero, and the target for some criminals, as well as a city full of single women, after he is featured in the local "Bachelor Blog".

Add to the mix a beautiful world traveler (Lexie), who simply wants to buy the ring the hero chose as a reward from the jewelry store owner's daughter, and VIOLA!...Romance is sparked.

The duo soon works together to discover the mystery behind the ring, which Coop soon discovers was stolen in the 1950's. Thus the mystery begins.

I had a hard time putting this book down, and as I mentioned earlier, I was sad when it was over. Also as mentioned above, I have started reading the sequel, "Love Me if you Dare", which features two of the secondary characters from this book. We shall see if it is as good as the first book. It is too bad that these two are the only books in this series by this author, but I will try some of her other series as well.

I am rating this book with 5 stars, as a definite page-turner!

No comments:

Post a Comment